Cosmetic tattooing, sometimes referred to as semi permanent make up, permanent make up and micro pigmentation, is the process of implanting colour beneath the surface of the skin using a sterile needle to balance, correct, create or enhance the facial features of the eyebrows, the eyes and the lips producing the appearance of make up on the skin.
Its important to us we ensure you are a good candidate for cosmetic tattooing. A full health consultation is required face to face to discuss any health risks that may affect your healing time or colour retention in the skin. Colours and shape are also discussed. Alternatively, a telephone consultation can be arranged this usually takes about 10 mins and clear pictures of the procedure area will need to be provided by you. Once a date is agreed upon a $100 deposit is required to secure your procedure date.
Two hours is allocated for all cosmetic tattoo procedures. Most of this time is spent during the consultation process accessing health and desired outcome. Once your procedure begins the skin may be tattooed for 30-60 minutes depending on the chosen area and technique used.
- You want to enhance your natural features
- You want to create new features
- You want to balance your features
- You are allergic the cosmetics (patch test required two weeks before procedure)
- You have sparse, blond, grey or missing eyebrow hair
- Your features (eyebrows, eyes or lips) are not symmetrical due to genetics, illness or an accident
- You have sparse eyebrow or lash hair
- You want fuller eyebrows and lips and a wider more open appearance to the eyes
- You have trouble seeing when applying your make up
- You have general vision problems
- You are very busy and do not have time to do your make up every morning and through out the day
- You do not like to apply make up daily
- Your job requires you to wear make up and have a groomed appearance at all times
- You wear make up due to illness, injury or an accident
- You want the convienience of make up that does not smear or wear off
- You want to correct or remove unwanted permanent make up
Most people are ideal candidates for cosmetic tattooing and will benefit from the procedure!
Cosmetic tattooing is referred to as a semi permanent procedure, however, anytime pigment is being implanted into the skin it is considered a permanent procedure.